Vita Filters CTO Carbon Block Filter & Softening Cartridge Kit
- Activated carbon block filter for chlorine, taste, odor and chloramine reduction
- 5-micron nominal filtration reduces sand, rust, and sediment
- Excellent chemical contaminant reduction*
- High dirt holding capacity
- High adsorptive capacity and efficiency
- NSF and WQA certified
- California Prop. 65 compliant
- Size: 2.75" x 9.75"
- Micron Rating (nominal): 5 microns
- Chlorine Reduction Capacity:
- > 12,000 gallons @ 1gpm
- > 1,000 gallons @ 0.5gpm
- Reduction: Scale/Corrosion inhibitor
- This system uses the proven performance of softening resin to remove scaling minerals.
- The disposable resin cartridge is designed to be easily replaced
- 10 micron, 1300 grain softener
- 9.75" length
What are chloramines?
Chloramines are a group of chemical compounds that contain chlorine and ammonia. The particular type of chloramine used in drinking water disinfection is called monochloramine which is mixed into water at levels that kill germs but are still safe to drink.
What are safe levels of chloramine in water?
Chloramine levels up to 4 milligrams per liter (mg/L) or 4 parts per million (ppm) are considered safe in drinking water. At these levels, harmful health effects are unlikely to occur.